We’re deep into the hot dog days of August, and your landscaping in Silver Spring may need some help. Landscape contractor East Coast Landscape Design has five watering tips to help your landscaping survive and thrive in the hot and often dry August weather.
- Recognize drought-stress, such as wilting, and/or brown tips or edges of leaves are another.
- Water early in the morning or in the evening to reduce water loss to evaporation.
- Water deeply, but not often. A thorough soaking will promote deep rooting. Frequent light watering leads to shallow, drought-prone roots.
- Add mulch; three inches mulch will help retain soil moisture and suppress weeds.
- Prioritize watering needs; vegetable gardens and newly planted trees and shrubs require the more water than your turf.
For more information on caring for your Silver Spring landscaping, please contact your local landscape contractor, East Coast Landscape Design. For over 30 years, East Coast Landscape Design has been Silver Spring, MD’s leading licensed landscape contractor. Located in Montgomery County, Maryland since 1979, the company has designed and installed irrigation systems and other landscape projects.