You’ve seen some of those fabulous patios on TV or the Web – and East Coast Landscape Design can create the Kensington, MD patio of your dreams. Here are some tips to add those finishing touches that make your patio perfect for you and your family.
Make your patio an extension of your home.
- Make your outdoor seating comfortable and stylish.
- Coordinate your outdoor colors – furniture cushions and accessories with plants and flowers.
- Add lighting – like interesting lanterns – to your patio
- Add a fire-pit or chiminea together around on those chilly nights.
- Add ways to cool off – add a pergola with vines, plant a tree or add a simple canopy for shade
Create privacy by incorporating several view-blocking techniques.
- Plant hedges and using fences or walls to create your private sanctuary
- Create a curved pathway to your “hidden” patio.
- A virtual wall of planters at the back of the patio creates a soothing hedge.
- A stucco wall around the patio makes it feel even more enclosed and intimate.
- Add bamboo panels for an inexpensive way to create privacy.
Create a view with a beautiful focal point, and make your patio a destination.
- A well-designed formal garden creates a perfect backdrop for luxury seating.
- A fountain creates pleasant and soothing background sounds.
- Surround the patio with fragrant flowers, such as roses, for even more sensory appeal.
- A flowering small tree, such as a dogwood, that adds shade and extra interest.
Rest assured that the experienced professionals at East Coast Landscape Design can design and build your Kensington, MD dream patio. East Coast Landscape Design uses a wide variety of materials including stone, brick pavers, interlocking bricks, and stamped concrete. These experts will work with you to select materials for your Kensington, MD patio that compliment your home, providing seamless function and style. Please contact East Coast Landscape Design today at 301-421-4141.