If you are considering a brick patio, you should know that there are more than a few options for your Gaithersburg MD home. For instance:
- Basket Weave Pattern – also known as checkerboard pavers – this pattern is laid in the form of a checkerboard.
- Herringbone Pattern – each course of paving bricks are laid at an angle of 45 or 90-degrees, and the angle rotates with each sequence.
- Circle Design – a very popular, but difficult patio design to install.
- Stack Bond – bricks placed on top of each other in a straight line – they can also be placed at a 45 degree angle.
- 1/3 Running Bond – each subsequently each row of pavers overlaps its predecessor by one-third its length, creating a slightly staggered look.
- Half Running Bond (also known as Running Bond) – each row of pavers overlaps the last row by half its length (or width).
For more information on brick patio design options for Gaithersburg MD, please contact the experts at East Coast Landscape Design. The experienced professionals at East Coast Landscape Design will work with you to design the brick patio that best compliments the style of your Gaithersburg MD home.
Patio contractors in Silver Spring MD use face brick for its classic beauty and structural endurance. You may be wondering what face bricks are, and how are they are used.
Face brick is one of the two major types of brick (the other is known as common brick.) The main difference is that face bricks are glazed before being fired, which makes the face bricks slick and hard. Unfortunately, face bricks are usually slippery during wet weather.
There are different types of face bricks, based on uniformity of shape and size. Select brick, known as FBX, is the highest quality of face brick. FBX has sharp edges and a contemporary look.
There are three face brick standards, based on its uniformity of shape and size. Select brick, FBS, or standard is the highest quality. Strict limits are enforced on its size and imperfections. It provides more of a contemporary look with its sharp edges. Standard brick, FBS, allows for slight differences in size. FBA, also known as architectural brick, has no limit on size differences, chips or cracks.
Face brick is also graded by its strength, water absorption and resistance to damage when exposed to freezing and thawing conditions. Grade SW (severe weathering) bricks are exceptional when exposed to saturation leading to freezing. Grade MW (moderate weathering) bricks work well where there is moisture, but no saturation. Grade NW (no weathering) bricks are for indoor use only.
For more information on face brick, contact the best patio contractors in Silver Spring MD, East Coast Landscape Design. The experienced professionals at East Coast Landscape Design will work with you to design your patio and select materials, such as face brick, that compliment your home’s function and style.