Homeowners who are more concerned with the appearance of other aspects of their landscape design may fail to realize the need to install a good drainage system in their yard. The health of your lawn and garden depends on a drainage system that is in good working order. Most of the time, plants are protected from the damage caused by standing water by having subterranean plumbing direct water away from them.
A sump pump could be necessary for certain homeowners, namely those whose properties have more complex drainage systems. Others accomplish the task by the use of gravity and very affordable PVC pipes. Drainage issues are more likely to occur in your yard if it is very flat or if the soil is particularly dense and impenetrable.
The following are 5 Reasons Why You Should Have a Landscape Drainage System Installed in Your Germantown, MD, Home.
1) The first advantage of having an effective drainage system is that it helps avoid soil erosion. Soil erosion occurs when excessive precipitation causes dirt to be washed out of your garden and deposited in another location. The soil’s depth may be reduced due to erosion, which is horrible for your landscaping.
2) Soil erosion may harm plants and trees because it depletes the nutrients necessary for them to flourish. When the tree’s roots are exposed, the tree may become unstable, increasing the likelihood that it may topple down when bad weather occurs. Your drainage systems direct any excess water that may harm the landscape design you’ve chosen away from it.
3) Because stagnant water may cause various issues, reducing its presence as much as possible is very necessary. Being submerged in water for an extended period may be fatal to plants. The fact that mosquitoes thrive in water that has become stagnant is perhaps the most unfortunate aspect of the situation. In stagnant water, bacteria and parasites have a better chance of flourishing, posing a risk to humans, animals, and cattle health.
4) If you do not have a proper drainage system in place, there is a possibility that the foundation of your home may be harmed. If it has been raining heavily, you could find that the water flow in your yard has increased significantly. There is a risk that water may seep into the foundation of your house, causing damage to the structure and leading to flooding in the basement.
5) Effective drainage systems prevent your grass from seeming like a swampy wasteland that has exceeded its boundaries.
We hope that the Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Have a Landscape Drainage System Installed in Your Germantown, MD, Home have been clear and easy to understand for you.
At East Coast Landscape Design, we strive to provide each of our customers with the best service we can provide. We are here to assist you in making the most of your money. If you fill out the form on our website with your contact information, we will get in touch with you as quickly as possible.