Nothing beats the excitement and peace of returning to the only place where serenity anxiously awaits you at the close of a tiring day. Of course, that’s when your property is neatly and tastefully decked with great outdoor finishing, giving away a beautiful landscape that takes your guests breath away.
East Coast Landscape Design is not just another pleasant-named landscaping company but a company making homeowners very happy in the last 40 years it’s been operating. Situated near Washington D.C our team consists of experienced stonemasons, skilled landscapers, and other staff ready to give your home the beautiful landscape it desires.
Our staff is very experienced with building patios, fireplaces, walkways, landscapes, outdoor kitchens, retaining walls, water features, and other outdoor spaces.
Today we’re talking about retaining walls- Or more specifically when should you build a Kensington MD retaining wall?
If you are yet to have a retaining wall in your property or you are unsure if you need it, here are some benefits and reasons why you need a retaining wall:
- Retaining walls reduce erosion drastically especially if water management is a problem at your property.
- Retaining walls also have a tendency to make your yard/property look even better than it was, with their stone hardscapes complementing the natural greenery found in your yard. Many customers say they create a sense of order, space and calmness.
- A retaining wall is the best support your driveway needs, especially if your driveway is next to a slope.
- Patios are one of the most used places in any home, from a recreational, outdoor kitchen, and for many other purposes.
- If you are planning to create a leveled space for your garden or another landscape, then a retaining wall will be needed.
In trusting the installation of your retaining walls with East Coast, you can be assured of high quality construction and materials. Our online reviews prove it.
The different types of retaining walls
- Gravity retaining walls simply use the weight of the material in the wall itself to hold back the earth and soil. A lot of different types of material can be used including bricks, pavers and unmortared stone.
- The Cantilevered wall made with a perfect amount of treated metal and concrete for a life-time hold. These are strong walls favored for their strength, where vast amounts of earth need to be held. Used frequently in commercial projects.
- The anchored retaining wall uses anchors drilled into the earth using concrete and cement to support the retaining wall.
We have experience with many different types of scenarios when building retaining walls. You may have questions about a retaining wall for your property, and may need an expert to go over your project. No problem there, just fill out the form on this website, and we’ll get back to you ASAP!