Heated patios – who wouldn’t want them in Gaithersburg MD?
- Heated patios are used more often, and some homeowners even use their heated patios year round.
- Heated patios are safer than non-heated in Gaithersburg MD; no snow or ice to slip and fall, and no back pain from shoveling.
- Heated patios are eco-friendly; they don’t need salt or other de-icers, which hurt the environment (including our Chesapeake Bay).
How are patios heated in Gaithersburg MD?
- Electric cables or mats are installed underneath patios to warm up the surface of the patios. These plug into a junction box, and often can be controlled remotely.
- Hydronic heating – a much more involved process – uses copper tubing or cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) with a liquid treated with antifreeze to warm the driveway or walkway. A boiler, circulating pump, and manifold are required to run hydronic heating.
Can existing patios be heated?
- Yes – in some situations, electric cables can be laid in grooves of existing slabs or pavers.
- No – homeowners in Gaithersburg MD usually wait until they are installing new patios to include radiant heating systems.
For more information on heated patios in Gaithersburg MD, please contact East Coast Landscape Design. The experienced professionals at East Coast Landscape Design work with homeowners to design dream patios that can be used year-round Gaithersburg MD.
You might have heard that home landscaping can improve your home’s value, and can even be fun, but maybe you have been afraid to try it because you don’t have the skills to do home landscaping. The most crucial part of landscape design is understanding the proper techniques. With some pointers, you could quickly make a Silver Spring MD landscape that you are proud of.
Try to use native plants when landscaping in Silver Spring MD. This involves incorporating flowers, trees, and bushes that are local. Native plants have the best chance of surviving in the toughest of weather conditions.
Before you begin your landscaping work, be sure to plan your goals and assess your budget. This will ensure that you have a solid plan in place so that you do not run out of materials before the job is completed. It will also give you a better idea of your design needs.
Make sure you plan thoroughly before you begin landscaping. It is a great idea to sketch out your landscaping design when it’s still a plan, so you can get a good mental idea of what it is going to look like. Make notes of the plants, flowers, shrubs, etc. that you plan on using to improve your landscape.
A great landscaping tip is to make use of the available spaces that you have. One particular helpful tip is to place bushes in areas where outside noise is a problem as the bushes will help drown out any unwanted sounds. Just make sure that you plan out your spacing carefully.
Now that you’ve learned more about Silver Spring MD home landscaping, hopefully, it doesn’t seem so complicated. If you ever do feel stuck – just give East Coast Landscape Design a call When your neighbors ask who did your landscaping, you’ll be able to proudly tell them that you did yourself (with a little help from East Coast Landscape Design).