Expert landscapers can help you make the most of your side yard in Silver Spring MD. Often forgotten or just used as place to park your trashcans and recycling bins, your side yard (or yards) can be made into something wonderful, with the help of professional landscapers, How?
- Giving your side yard an entrance, using an arbor, trellis, or pergola
- Adding hanging plants and artwork to your fencing to make interesting “walls”
- Placing stepping stones or brickwork to create a beautiful, sturdy, and safe walkway from your front yard to your backyard
- Planting perennials that add color and interest to your walk through the side yard
- Attracting birds and a sense of serenity with a fountain or a birdbath
- Creating an area for seating (as space allows) making your side yard a destination to relax and rejuvenate.
Want to learn more about making the most of your side yard from expert landscapers in Silver Spring, MD? Please contact the award-winning landscapers serving Silver Spring MD, East Coast Landscape Design.
While it’s easy to overlook them, hardscapes are part of the overall landscape design of your Bethesda MD home. And the role that hardscapes play is an important one.
As a reminder, hardscapes are the hard, man-made surfaces that are part of your landscape. For example, driveways, patios, sidewalks, walkways, decks, pergolas, arbors, gazebos, brick fireplaces, fire rings, fencing, rocks, fountains, pools, and ponds are all hardscapes. (Some of these — fountains, pools, and ponds — are also known as water features.) These permanent parts of your landscape need ongoing maintenance and replacement in a timely fashion.
If your hardscapes look like they’ve seen way days – such as a cracked driveway or patio – your overall landscape design will suffer. Your flowers and trees may be beautiful, but your home will still be the neighborhood eyesore with that cracked up driveway.
For more information about hardscapes as a part of your landscape design in Bethesda MD, please contact East Coast Landscape Design. Our consultation will outline how to incorporate hardscapes into your landscape design, and plan for hardscape maintenance.