Want your flagstone patio in Rockville, MD to look great in the spring and summer? You’ll need to do some fall maintenance on your flagstone patio to save yourself a great deal of time and money once spring rolls around in Rockville, MD. Here are five things you can do:
- Store all furniture, and any garden pots or implements away from the patio.
- Clean the flagstone patio thoroughly.
- Strip away any unwanted sealant (carefully!)
- Repair/replace damage stones.
- Re-seal the flagstone (allow time to dry before rain/ice/snow occurs).
For more information on caring for your flagstone patios in Rockville, MD, please contact East Coast Landscape Design. The East Coast Landscape Design team has over a quarter century of experience in the design, installation, and care of practical and beautiful patios, walkways, and driveways in Rockville, MD.
In considering a driveway design for your North Potomac, MD home, most homeowners tend to think about how the driveway will look during the spring and summer. However, the best driveway design compensates for North Potomac, MD winters – and snow and ice removal.
Here are some ways great driveway design can save money and time on winter maintenance:
- A wide driveway is easiest for a snow plow to navigate, and will save you money every year on snow management.
- Leave a place to put the snow – either on the sides of the driveway, or a large area off the end of the driveway.
- Keep landscaping highly visible, well back from the driveway and in highly visible for your snow maintenance folks.
- Driveway should have an even surface, so as not to catch and be damaged by snow-removal equipment.
- Avoid lighting or gates right next to the driveway where they could be damaged by a plow.
For more information on driveway design for homes in North Potomac, MD, please contact East Coast Landscape Design. Accurate engineering and planning are essential for any well-constructed driveway, and at East Coast Landscape Design, we have skilled, trained engineers to assist in the design of your North Potomac, MD driveway.