Spring time maintenance for water features in Silver Spring, MD is not just about removing the winter weather protection, and turning on the pump. While spring time maintenance for water features in Silver Spring, MD doesn’t require a great deal of time or energy to complete, there still are some things you’re going to need to do.
- Remove the netting or and other mechanical devices used to protect the feature for the winter.
- Clean all around the feature; if you need to clean the entire pond because of a bad winter remember to remove the fish from the water before draining. Clean the entire feature with clean water and refill and replace the fish to their new home.
- If you have fish, start feeding them again. Do your fish look healthy? Now is the time to fix any problems or disease your fish have.
- Check your plants; replace plants that didn’t survive, and divide some of your plants if they have gotten too large for the area. Don’t fertilize your plants at this time; wait until after flowering.
- Place the filter and pumps back into place and fill the feature with the recommended amount of water and start the pump.
For more information on water feature maintenance in Silver Spring, MD – or to add water feature of your own in Silver Spring, MD – please contact East Coast Landscape Design. The East Coast Landscape Design team utilizes 3 decades of experience along with safety- tested protocols to create natural water features in various types of landscape in Silver Spring, and throughout Maryland.